- Friday, November 17, 2017 11:08 AM
Skopje, 17 November 2017(MIA) - Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris has again used name 'Macedonia' in reference to the neighboring country during his visit to Skopje on Thursday, Greek media report.
Speaking in English after a meeting with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, Boutaris proposed that the next meeting of the prime ministers of Greece and 'Macedonia' is held in Thessaloniki.
The Greek media say Boutaris also used name 'Macedonia' in an interview for a TV station during last year's visit to Skopje.
During the visit, taking place amid efforts to implement confidence-building measures between the two countries, Boutaris met with PM Zaev, President Gjorge Ivanov and Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov. ik/11:07
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:33 AM | Lavrov: EU is passive on Great Albania ideas, Ohrid Framework Agreement violated
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the ...
- 9:20 AM | Solution protecting dignity and identity of both sides, Zaev tells ANA-MPA
Building mutual trust and a guarantee that the solution is final and protects the dignity and identi...
- 9:14 AM | Public debate on public procurement reform in Struga
The second public debate on the new draft-law on public procurement will be held Thursday in Struga.
- 9:02 AM | Concert of Klasik Trio in Bitola
An all-evening concert of Klasik Trio comprised of Ismail Lumanovski and Igor Bakrevski on clarinet,...
- 8:48 AM | Trump considers arming teachers as students hold protest
Students galvanized by the deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school confronted lawmakers on Wed...