- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:22 PM
Washington, 28 November 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has urged the people of the Balkan countries to abandon old animosities so that peace may become permanent.
"You have a chance to direct a new course of history. Bloodlines should no longer be battle lines," said Tillerson in his address at the Washington-based think-tank "Wilson Center" on the US-Europe partnership.
He said the United States and the world long to see "a new generation of Serbs, Croatians, Albanians, Bosnians, Kosovars, and others who will forgive the past, even if they cannot forget it."
"The US recognizes the fragility of the Balkans and will continue to work with partners in the EU to bring stability, prosperity and democracy to the region", underlined Tillerson. ik/20:20
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...