- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:22 PM
Washington, 28 November 2017 (MIA) - U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has urged the people of the Balkan countries to abandon old animosities so that peace may become permanent.
"You have a chance to direct a new course of history. Bloodlines should no longer be battle lines," said Tillerson in his address at the Washington-based think-tank "Wilson Center" on the US-Europe partnership.
He said the United States and the world long to see "a new generation of Serbs, Croatians, Albanians, Bosnians, Kosovars, and others who will forgive the past, even if they cannot forget it."
"The US recognizes the fragility of the Balkans and will continue to work with partners in the EU to bring stability, prosperity and democracy to the region", underlined Tillerson. ik/20:20
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:46 PM | Macedonia, Serbia coordinate working hours of border phytosanitary inspections
The border phytosanitary inspection of Serbia at the Presevo border crossing starting Sunday will wo...
- 4:24 PM | FM: Vucic should take signature off Brussels Agreement
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic will recommend President Aleksandar Vucic that he took off the ...
- 3:52 PM | BBC: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home
Sergei Skripal wrote to President Putin asking to be allowed to return home, a friend of the former ...
- 3:27 PM | Greek media: FM Dimitrov might visit Athens after Vienna talks
Two Greek television channels have reported that Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Gr...
- 2:13 PM | Greece opposition party criticizes Tsipras for his response to question from MIA reporter
The opposition party New Democracy has accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of addressing national ...