- Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:41 AM
Skopje, 7 December 2017 (MIA) - The indictment evaluation council within the Skopje-based Criminal Court has accepted the indictment in the Special Prosecutor's Case (SPO) case dubbed "Titanic 2" over election irregularities, the SPO told MIA.
DPA leader Menduh Thaci, former State Election Commission (SEC) members Bedredin Ibraimi, Anita Stefanovska and Vlatko Sajkovski, as well as current SEC member Saso Srcev are charged with abuse of office in the case.
Wiretapped conversations will be used as evidence in the case.
In addition, the indictment against former Administration for Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) chief Saso Mijalkov for "receiving an award for illegal influence" has also been accepted.
On the other hand, the indictment against five judges suspected of election irregularities has not been accepted, with the SPO already lodging an appeal over the decision. ik/11:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:46 PM | Macedonia, Serbia coordinate working hours of border phytosanitary inspections
The border phytosanitary inspection of Serbia at the Presevo border crossing starting Sunday will wo...
- 4:24 PM | FM: Vucic should take signature off Brussels Agreement
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic will recommend President Aleksandar Vucic that he took off the ...
- 3:52 PM | BBC: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home
Sergei Skripal wrote to President Putin asking to be allowed to return home, a friend of the former ...
- 3:27 PM | Greek media: FM Dimitrov might visit Athens after Vienna talks
Two Greek television channels have reported that Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Gr...
- 2:13 PM | Greece opposition party criticizes Tsipras for his response to question from MIA reporter
The opposition party New Democracy has accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of addressing national ...