- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:36 PM
Skopje, 12 December 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97,600) in financial support and additional humanitarian aid to flood-affected regions in Albania.
At least one death was confirmed and travel was brought to a halt by widespread flooding that swamped many parts of Albania in early December. Continued rain and flooding prompted the evacuation of 600 families in two of the country's southwestern districts, local media reported.
More than 3,000 homes, 56 schools and 16,000 hectares of agricultural land have been flooded. Many roads and 28 bridges have been damaged. Albania's authorities have started calculating the damage to consider financial compensation, the reports said. lk/20:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:50 PM | PM Zaev: Macedonia’s accession to NATO not an obstacle to advancing the relations with Russia
NATO membership is Macedonia’s strategic goal and it is not an obstacle for the country to advance i...
- 5:35 PM | Macedonia holds European record of most prison breaks
Macedonia has the highest rate of prison breakouts, shows a survey published Tuesday by the Council ...
- 5:11 PM | Greek gov't spokesman Tzanakopoulos expects progress in name talks
Greece is expecting the comments on a draft agreement Athens has sent to Skopje. It also expect a p...
- 3:11 PM | Several people shot at Maryland high school: media report
Several people were shot at a Maryland high school on Tuesday, local news media reported, after scho...
- 2:59 PM | Turgenev's A Month in the Country rehearsals begin in MNT
Thirty years after directing Macedonian playwright Goran Stefanovski’s Black Hole, Italian director ...