- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:36 PM
Skopje, 12 December 2017 (MIA) - Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97,600) in financial support and additional humanitarian aid to flood-affected regions in Albania.
At least one death was confirmed and travel was brought to a halt by widespread flooding that swamped many parts of Albania in early December. Continued rain and flooding prompted the evacuation of 600 families in two of the country's southwestern districts, local media reported.
More than 3,000 homes, 56 schools and 16,000 hectares of agricultural land have been flooded. Many roads and 28 bridges have been damaged. Albania's authorities have started calculating the damage to consider financial compensation, the reports said. lk/20:35
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...
- 3:52 PM | FM Dimitrov expects positive outcome from NATO Summit in July
Expectation of a positive outcome from the forthcoming NATO Summit in July 2018 and gratitude for th...
- 2:46 PM | HRW report hails resistance to Trump-style populism
Activists have decried the rise of US President Donald Trump and his embrace of populist strongmen a...