- Thursday, December 21, 2017 5:25 PM
Skopje, 21 December 2017 (MIA) - Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Turkish Vice Premier Hakan Cavusoglu discussed Thursday in Skopje on possibilities for advancing the bilateral relations and cooperation, especially in the spheres of economy and trade, the government said in a press release.
Following the election of a new government, Macedonia has entered a period of stability and deserves to be a NATO member, Cavusoglu said, reaffirming his country's support to that effect.
He also expressed hope for Macedonia to soon obtain a date for opening the EU accession talks and commended the new government's policies for respecting of all ethnic communities in the country.
PM Zaev extended gratitude for Turkey's support of Macedonia's bid to join the EU and NATO.
Macedonia's government, Zaev said, has been implementing reforms and building friendly relations with the neighbors hoping for these policies to contribute to turning the country's Euro-Atlantic strategic goals into reality next year.
The meeting voiced a joint commitment to policies that promote peace, stability, security in both countries, the region and across the globe.
Cavusoglu thanked Zaev for his presence at a ceremony that honored the Turkish Language Education Day - 21 December- the national holiday of the Turkish community in Macedonia, the press release reads. lk/17:24
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...