- Monday, December 25, 2017 3:06 PM
Skopje, 25 December 2017 (MIA) - Swearing in after being elected on Monday, Public Prosecutor Ljubomir Joveski pledged to respect the Constitution and the laws, to perform his job 'honorably, attentively, and in an unbiased manner' and to work hard to restoring the citizens' trust in the Public Prosecutor's Office of Macedonia.
"We are facing a challenge of restoring public trust lost in the past several years in the performance of the public prosecution and of establishing it as a professional institution prosecuting perpetrators of crimes. Thus, I will make efforts to strengthen the Public Prosecutor's Office to protect legality and to provide rule of law in the Republic of Macedonia," Joveski stated.
He vowed that the Public Prosecutor's Office would distance itself from the executive government, including other centers of power, and would operate as an independent state body in charge of prosecuting crime.
"I guarantee that the public prosecutors will act independently and I insist upon investigating and prosecuting crime and corruption and making decision solely on the basis of evidence and facts. They will strive toward establishing the truth," the new public prosecutor noted.
He said he had contacted with the Special Public Prosecution adding that cooperation between the two institutions had been improved. ba/15:02
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...