- Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:06 PM
Skopje, 2 January 2018 (MIA) - All political stakeholders - part of the incumbent government - believe that the time has come for the issue on Macedonia's accession to NATO to be settled, as the country is holding an inglorious record as candidate, which has already launched the 18th cycle of the annual membership plan, National Coordinator for NATO Stevo Pendarovski says in an interview with the public broadcaster MRT.
He is certain that Macedonia will resolve the political and economic problems by the next NATO Summit, scheduled to take place on 11-12 July in Brussels.
Macedonia, Pendarovski says, will do everything in its power for settling the name dispute, but it cannot offer guarantees about the moves of the other side (Greece).
He expects for the new opposition, as it is the case with the government, to show understanding for the most important issue and have a vision about 'what we wish for Macedonia to be in the next 15-20 years.'
Pendarovski says a referendum should be organized if there is a reasonable proposal for settling the name dispute. lk/21:05
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...