- Friday, January 12, 2018 2:01 PM
Athens, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Greek Parliament Speaker Nikos Voutsis voiced optimism Friday regarding the name issue settlement, saying it is a big chance that should not be missed, MIA reports from Athens.
"This issue was postponed for many years. Now there is a different correlation of political forces in FYROM and this important chance regarding its solution must not be missed. I am an optimist", Voutsis told state TV station ERT.
Asked if there is interest from other parties to find a solution to the name row, Voutsis said everyone is interested for its closure, especially EU, NATO and neighboring states.
Regarding the position of Panos Kammenos, leader of the government's junior coalition partner Independent Greeks (ANEL), Voutsis says he expects that the Government will reach a unified stance, accompanied by a parliamentary majority. ik/13:59
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...