- Friday, January 12, 2018 2:30 PM
Skopje, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov met Friday with Deputy Secretary General for Political Affairs of the European External Action Service (EEAS), Jean-Christophe Belliard, in the framework of the meeting of political directors of the Western Balkan countries.
Discussions focused on the European perspectives of Macedonia and countries in the region, in light of the expected developments in the Union in the first half of 2018 - release of the EU Enlargement Strategy in February, the EC Progress Reports in April and the EU-Western Balkans summit during Bulgaria's EU Presidency in May, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a press release.
FM Dimitrov acquainted his interlocutor with Macedonia's achievements in the implementation of domestic reforms and enhancement of good neighborly relations.
"Despite the daily challenges, I am encouraged by the reform tempo in the key sectors. We used the crisis to grow and the perspective before us should not be missed. We have a chance for a serious breakthrough," said Dimitrov. ik/14:28
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...