- Friday, January 12, 2018 3:36 PM
Skopje, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - Funds of the Eurobond issued yesterday will be used for covering the budget deficit, higher salaries in education and health sectors, intensifying of capital investments and repayment of old debts, said Finance Minister Dragan Tevdovski on Friday.
"The Eurobond is worth EUR 500 million, including a seven-year maturing period and a record low interest rate at 2.75 percent," Tevdovski told reporters.
According to him, the decision was transparent and published in the Official Gazette.
The state debt has reached EUR 2,04 billion, excluding interests, following the sixth Eurobond release.
The first Eurobond worth EUR 170 million was issued in 2005, the second at EUR 175 million in 2009, the third at EUR 500 million in 2014, the fourth at EUR 270 million in 2015, and the fifth at EUR 450 million in 2016. ik/15:34
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...