- Friday, January 12, 2018 4:47 PM
Brussels, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - In an interview to Germany-based news agency dpa, Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn has said that the ties between Turkey and the EU 'should be rendered more realistic'.
Hahn stated that a 'strategic partnership' could be established with Turkey instead of full membership as French President Emmanuel Macron brought to agenda recently, and that hopefully the EU members would discuss this proposal.
Concerning Turkey seeking to have closer ties with the EU countries, Hahn said, 'Just sweet words are not enough. What matters is the facts and these facts haven't changed yet'.
'There are still tens of thousands of journalists, lawyers, academics and civil servants in prison. There is no change in this situation which is unacceptable in terms of rule of law'. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...