- Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:50 AM
Berlin, 13 January 2018 (MIA) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel Friday said she hopes a new government can be formed by Easter, dpa reports.
Speaking in her constituency in Trinwillershagen in the north-eastern state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Friday evening after marathon talks between her CDU/CSU bloc and the Social Democrats on whether to enter into formal coalition negotiations, Merkel called these "the first step in a long process".
Merkel said that looking forward, more problems need to be solved at the European level.
Many problems needed transnational, European solutions, she added, citing relations with the the US or China and enviromental issues as examples. ik/10:48
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...
- 1:37 PM | Hoyt Yee: Macedonia and Greece have real opportunity to solve the name issue
Macedonia and Greece have a real opportunity, maybe the best one, for solving the so-called name is...
- 1:13 PM | Serbia's President Vucic pays respects to slain Kosovo Serb politician
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic visited the northern city of Mitrovica on Saturday, where he paid...