- Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:14 PM
Skopje, 20 January 2018 (MIA) - Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the Embassy during the US government shutdown, the US Embassy in Skopje said Saturday via Twitter.
'We will not be updating this account regularly, except in the event of an emergency,' it said.
The US government has begun shutting down many of its services after the Senate failed to agree on a new budget.
It is the first shutdown ever to happen while the same party, the Republicans, controls Congress and the White House.
The impasse will affect hundreds of thousands of federal workers, and the recriminations have already begun.
The last government shutdown was in 2013, and lasted for 16 days. lk/16:13
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | Rama's 'joint president' statement is outrageous, says FM Dacic
Serbia's Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic condemned Monday the statement of Edi Rama saying that the EU ...
- 8:57 PM | Erdogan warns Syrian government against deal with YPG
Syria's government will face consequences if it reaches an agreement with the Kurdish YPG militia ag...
- 8:25 PM | MP Sela testifies in trial against his attackers
Giving testimony at a trial regarding the violent events in Parliament on 27 April 2017, Zijadin Sel...
- 7:48 PM | Ex-Greek ambassador says he's moderate optimist for name solution
Moderate optimism for finding a solution to the name issue has been expressed by the former Greek am...
- 7:10 PM | TV journalist Talevska sentenced to two years of probation (UPD)
TV journalist Ivona Talevska on Monday was sentenced to two years of probation after pleading guilty...