- Monday, January 29, 2018 6:22 PM
Skopje, 29 January 2018 (MIA) - Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi postponed Monday the debate on the Law on the Use of Languages, saying it would continue once conditions were met.
"The 35,569 amendments have not been processed yet. The formal conditions for the opening of this agenda item have not been met, as stipulated in the Rules of Procedure," said Xhaferi.
The Speaker adjourned today's 32. session due to lack of quorum and scheduled the continuation for Tuesday at noon.
The Law on the Use of Languages was passed on 11 January but President Gjorge Ivanov did not sign the bill, meaning that Speaker Xhaferi was obliged to put it for repeated plenary debate. ik/18:18
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:14 PM | Syrian rebels to evacuate opposition-held town in Ghouta
Hundreds of armed rebels and civilians will begin evacuating a besieged town in eastern Ghouta, a re...
- 9:06 PM | Kosovo lawmakers pass delayed border deal despite tear gas
Lawmakers in Kosovo approved a contentious and long-pending border demarcation deal with Montenegro ...
- 7:57 PM | Macedonia – Belgium – political consultations
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia and Belgium held political consultation on Wednesday ...
- 6:34 PM | Turkey affirms support of Macedonia’s accession to NATO
Turkey remains staunch supporter of Macedonia’s bid to join NATO, Premier Binali Yıldırım told Wedn...
- 6:31 PM | Trump 'warned' not to congratulate Putin in Russia election
US President Donald Trump did not adhere to warnings from his advisers when he congratulated Vladimi...