- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:31 PM
Athens, 13 February 2018 (MIA) - Name negotiations are under way at a ministerial level, Greece's deputy shipping minister, Nektarios Santorinios said commenting on today's Vienna talks without revealing any details about the meeting of the countries' foreign ministers and UN mediator Matthew Nimetz.
In a TV interview, Santorinios reiterated Greece's positions regarding a compound erga omnes name elaborating: You cannot change the name for overall use and for internal use without changing the Constitution.
Athens, he said, will not concede its positions, MIA reported.
The Greek deputy minister called Macedonia's move to rename the airport and the highway 'a significant step towards abandoning its irredentist claims.' ba/15:30
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 AM | Hahn: EU to back starting entry talks with Macedonia
The European Union will recommend starting accession talks with the Republic of Macedonia and Albani...
- 9:33 AM | Lavrov: EU is passive on Great Albania ideas, Ohrid Framework Agreement violated
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the ...
- 9:20 AM | Solution protecting dignity and identity of both sides, Zaev tells ANA-MPA
Building mutual trust and a guarantee that the solution is final and protects the dignity and identi...
- 9:14 AM | Public debate on public procurement reform in Struga
The second public debate on the new draft-law on public procurement will be held Thursday in Struga.
- 9:02 AM | Concert of Klasik Trio in Bitola
An all-evening concert of Klasik Trio comprised of Ismail Lumanovski and Igor Bakrevski on clarinet,...