- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:39 PM
Skopje, 14 February 2018 (MIA) - President Gjorge Ivanov attended Wednesday an annual grape vine pruning event on St. Trifun's Day in the town of Kavadarci.
President Ivanov was joined by Kavadaci Mayor Mitko Jancev and archbishop Agatangel at the grape vine pruning event taking place in the city square.
The President wished the citizens, most notably winegrowers and winemakers, a fruitful year.
"On this day, we wish for the year to be fruitful and productive, to be successful for everyone, not only the winegrowers and the winemakers," Ivanov said.
Observing the Macedonian tradition, President Ivanov every year attends a grape vine pruning event to mark the day of St. Trifun, Orthodox Christian saint who is the patron protector of wine makers.
Last year, Ivanov attended the ceremony that was hosted by Demir Kapija. ba/16:38
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 AM | Hahn: EU to back starting entry talks with Macedonia
The European Union will recommend starting accession talks with the Republic of Macedonia and Albani...
- 9:33 AM | Lavrov: EU is passive on Great Albania ideas, Ohrid Framework Agreement violated
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the ...
- 9:20 AM | Solution protecting dignity and identity of both sides, Zaev tells ANA-MPA
Building mutual trust and a guarantee that the solution is final and protects the dignity and identi...
- 9:14 AM | Public debate on public procurement reform in Struga
The second public debate on the new draft-law on public procurement will be held Thursday in Struga.
- 9:02 AM | Concert of Klasik Trio in Bitola
An all-evening concert of Klasik Trio comprised of Ismail Lumanovski and Igor Bakrevski on clarinet,...