- Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:46 PM
Tetovo, 18 February 2018 (MIA) - Afrim Gashi has been elected Sunday for a new leader of the opposition 'BESA' Movement.
At the party's first congress in Tetovo, Gashi scooped 522 votes out of 575 delegates.
From this day on BESA will be a party not only of Albanians, but of all people living in Macedonia, Gashi said.
He notified his priorities as BESA leader: Macedonia's accession to the EU and NATO; better living standards for citizens; justice for all and a party open for redefining of the country.
Today's gathering also elected monitoring and central councils as the party's highest bodies between two congresses.
DPA leader Menduh Tachi, representatives of the Alliance of Albanian, the Turkish Democratic Party and the diplomatic corps attended the BESA first congress. lk/15:44
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:45 PM | Justice Minister Saliji resigns over a case related to a child’s death
Justice Minister Bilen Saliji tendered his resignation late Tuesday due to deteriorating public trus...
- 8:51 PM | Google pledges $300m to support journalism and fight fake news
Google has said it will invest $300m in helping news organisations to fight fake news and grow their...
- 8:34 PM | PM Zaev reaffirms government’s commitment to champion youth policies
The government, along with youth organizations, has confirmed its dedication to build a modern, prog...
- 7:33 PM | UN: Nimetz will meet with FMs Dimitrov and Kotzias on March 30 in Vienna
The United Nations press service has confirmed that the foreign ministers of Macedonia and Greece wi...
- 7:23 PM | Gunman dies after being shot at US school
A gunman who shot and injured two teenage students at a high school in the US state of Maryland was ...