- Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:25 PM
Ankara, 25 February 2018 (MIA) - More than 2,000 PYD/PKK and Islamic State (IS) militants have been killed since the launch of Operation Olive Branch in Syria's northwestern Afrin region, the Turkish army said on Sunday, media report.
"A total of 2,018 PYD/PKK and Daesh terrorists have been neutralized since the launch of Operation Olive Branch in Syria's northwestern Afrin region," the Turkish General Staff said in a statement.
Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch on January 20 to maintain security and stability along Turkey's borders.
Meanwhile, a Turkish soldier was killed in ongoing clashes between the Turkish military and PYD/PKK and IS militants, bringing the total number of Turkish casualties since the launching of the operation up to 33 soldiers. ba/15:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:57 PM | Let’s work together on building our Europe, PM Zaev tells the Young European Federalists
Let’s work together on building our Europe, as people wish for a fair world that offers opportunity ...
- 9:05 PM | Macedonian social-democrats, Bulgarian socialists sign memo of cooperation
Delegations of the Macedonian Social –Democratic Union (SDSM) and Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), l...
- 8:36 PM | France's Macron says suspect killed 3, injured 16
French President Emmanuel Macron says the armed man who took hostages in a supermarket killed three ...
- 8:26 PM | PM Zaev meets delegation of EP European People’s Party group
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Friday with a delegation of the European People’s Party Group in the E...
- 8:04 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Greek FM Kotzias
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi commended Friday the pace of the Skopje-Athens bilateral and the ...