- Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:58 PM
Skopje, 27 February 2018 (MIA) - The civic initiative 'For United Macedonia' staged a protest Tuesday in Skopje for 'defending the country's name and the nation's identity'.
Defying freezing temperatures and snow, the protesters held umbrellas in the colors of the Macedonian flag and chanted 'Long live Macedonia!' and 'Macedonians!'
The protesters demanded for an end to ongoing talks between Macedonia's government and their Greek counterparts aimed at solving the 25-year dispute, annulment of the law on languages and renouncement of the recently signed friendship agreement with Bulgaria.
They also demanded for an immediate release of those detained for the 27 April 2017 incident in Macedonia's parliament.
The crowd gathered in front of the EU Office in Skopje and marched to the parliament. lk/21:57
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:57 PM | Let’s work together on building our Europe, PM Zaev tells the Young European Federalists
Let’s work together on building our Europe, as people wish for a fair world that offers opportunity ...
- 9:05 PM | Macedonian social-democrats, Bulgarian socialists sign memo of cooperation
Delegations of the Macedonian Social –Democratic Union (SDSM) and Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), l...
- 8:36 PM | France's Macron says suspect killed 3, injured 16
French President Emmanuel Macron says the armed man who took hostages in a supermarket killed three ...
- 8:26 PM | PM Zaev meets delegation of EP European People’s Party group
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Friday with a delegation of the European People’s Party Group in the E...
- 8:04 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Greek FM Kotzias
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi commended Friday the pace of the Skopje-Athens bilateral and the ...