- Thursday, March 08, 2018 12:04 PM
Addis Ababa, 8 March 2018 (MIA) – U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said today that African countries should weigh Chinese loans carefully while adding that Washington was not trying to keep Chinese investment away from the continent.
"We are not in any way attempting to keep Chinese dollars from Africa," Tillerson said in a press conference in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa on Thursday.
"[But] it is important that African countries carefully consider the terms of those agreements and not forfeit their sovereignty."
The top U.S. diplomat has set off on a tour of African countries, aimed at showing support of the fight against terrorism and bolstering alliances with the African nations.
Tillerson, during his diplomatic tour that ends March 13, is due to meet with the leaders of Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Nigeria. mr/12:02
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:57 PM | Let’s work together on building our Europe, PM Zaev tells the Young European Federalists
Let’s work together on building our Europe, as people wish for a fair world that offers opportunity ...
- 9:05 PM | Macedonian social-democrats, Bulgarian socialists sign memo of cooperation
Delegations of the Macedonian Social –Democratic Union (SDSM) and Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), l...
- 8:36 PM | France's Macron says suspect killed 3, injured 16
French President Emmanuel Macron says the armed man who took hostages in a supermarket killed three ...
- 8:26 PM | PM Zaev meets delegation of EP European People’s Party group
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met Friday with a delegation of the European People’s Party Group in the E...
- 8:04 PM | Speaker Xhaferi meets Greek FM Kotzias
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi commended Friday the pace of the Skopje-Athens bilateral and the ...