- Wednesday, October 04, 2017 6:22 PM
Zurich, 4 October 2017 (MIA) - FIFA, world's football governing body, has fined the Albanian Football Association (AFA) 30,000 Swiss francs for improper conduct by fans at a match against Macedonia played in the city of Strumica.
Albania's association was fined after fans during the World Cup qualifying match in September conducted in such a way demonstrating 'Albanian nationalism', for political chanting and setting off fireworks.
The match ended in a draw (1:1)
Some 300 Albanian football fans in Strumica throughout the match chanted "Great Albania", "Ilirida" and "UCK". The start of the second half-time was also delayed after fans threw flares on the field.
A fine of 5,000 Swiss francs was also imposed on the Football Federation of Macedonia and a warning.
FIFA issued a warning to the Israeli federation for a match in Haifa against Macedonia for fans who threw hard items on field. ba/18:20
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:50 PM | PM Zaev: Macedonia’s accession to NATO not an obstacle to advancing the relations with Russia
NATO membership is Macedonia’s strategic goal and it is not an obstacle for the country to advance i...
- 5:35 PM | Macedonia holds European record of most prison breaks
Macedonia has the highest rate of prison breakouts, shows a survey published Tuesday by the Council ...
- 5:11 PM | Greek gov't spokesman Tzanakopoulos expects progress in name talks
Greece is expecting the comments on a draft agreement Athens has sent to Skopje. It also expect a p...
- 3:11 PM | Several people shot at Maryland high school: media report
Several people were shot at a Maryland high school on Tuesday, local news media reported, after scho...
- 2:59 PM | Turgenev's A Month in the Country rehearsals begin in MNT
Thirty years after directing Macedonian playwright Goran Stefanovski’s Black Hole, Italian director ...