- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:34 PM
Zurich, 17 October 2017 (MIA) - Four-times world champions Italy were drawn against Sweden on Tuesday in their two-legged playoff for a place at next year's World Cup, Reuters reports.
Italy, who last failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1958, will play the second leg at home in the most eye-catching of the four ties.
Switzerland, who finished second in their qualifying group despite winning nine of their 10 games, were drawn against Northern Ireland, who last qualified in 1986, with the first match in Belfast.
Croatia, runners-up behind Iceland in their group, will face Greece with the first leg at home.
The fourth tie pits Ireland against Denmark, who host the first match.
Northern Ireland v Switzerland
Croatia v Greece
Denmark v Ireland
Sweden v Italy
Two-legged ties to be played Nov. 9-11 and Nov. 12-14. ik/14:33
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 PM | CoE Muiznieks: Reconciliation stalled in Western Balkans
Council of Europe's Commissioner for Human Rights Nils Muiznieks voiced concern Tuesday that the rec...
- 7:52 PM | Debate on amendments to draft law on languages adjourned
The Committee on European Affairs adjourned Tuesday its debate on amendments to the draft law on lan...
- 7:23 PM | MATTO: Macedonia to bolster cooperation with Turkish regions
There is room for Macedonia and Turkey to at least triple their trade exchange, namely to increase i...
- 6:23 PM | PM Zaev in Belgrade - meetings with non-resident ambassadors, opposition DP leader Sutanovac
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev briefed Tuesday in Belgrade the non-resident ambassadors that also cover M...
- 5:21 PM | Robert Mugabe resigns as Zimbabwe's president after 37 years
Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe resigned as president Tuesday after 37 years in power, as parliament began ...