- Wednesday, December 06, 2017 9:44 AM
Munich, 6 December 2017 (MIA) - Manchester United advanced to the Champions League knockout stage after rallying to beat CSKA Moscow 2-1 on Tuesday to remain unbeaten at Old Trafford for a club record-equaling 40 successive games. Basel joined United in the next phase from Group A by downing Benfica 2-0.
Paris Saint-Germain won Group B despite losing at Bayern Munich 3-1, the second straight loss for the French league leader.
Both sides finished with 15 points, well ahead of Celtic and Anderlecht, both on three. Anderlecht won in Glasgow 1-0 but Celtic finished third to take the Europa League place.
Roma beat Qarabag 1-0 to top Group C ahead of already-qualified Chelsea. The latter was held to 1-1 at home by Atletico Madrid, which was eliminated after reaching the final in two of the last four years.
England could have five teams in the last 16 for the first time if Liverpool advances on Wednesday.
Last year’s runner-up, Juventus, had to wait until the last group game to qualify. Juve won at Olympiakos 2-0 and joined group winner Barcelona, which beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0. ik/09:40
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:29 PM | Stoltenberg/Zaev: Name dispute settlement crucial for Macedonia's NATO membership, no plan 'B'
The Alliance has no plan 'B' for Macedonia's NATO accession, hence the name dispute must be settled,...
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...