- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:11 PM
Zagreb, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Mikaela Shiffrin took a women’s World Cup slalom Wednesday for her seventh win from 14 starts this season.
The Olympic champion from the United States built on a commanding first-run lead to beat Wendy Holdener of Switzerland by 1.59 seconds.
Frida Hansdotter of Sweden was 2.11 behind in third, while Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova, the only skier to beat Shiffrin in a slalom event this season, finished 2.24 off the lead in fourth.
After skipping two speed races in Val d’Isere last month, Shiffrin leads the overall standings with 1,081 points after 16 of this season’s 38 races. Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany trails by 571 points in second.
Shiffrin is the defending slalom and overall World Cup champion. lk/21:11
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:33 PM | Projkovski's Romeo and Juliet voted the best play of 2017 in Turkey
Romeo and Juliet, produced by the Istanbul National Theater and directed by Dejan Projkovski, was vo...
- 3:32 PM | Kosovo's Thaci and Haradinaj condemn killing of leading Serb politician
Kosovo President Hashim Thaci and PM Ramush Haradinaj have strongly denounced the killing of Oliver ...
- 3:10 PM | Language E-learning Center promotes Macedonian culture in the USA
The Macedonian Language E-learning Center (http://makedonskijazik.org) celebrated its 10-year annive...
- 3:03 PM | President Vucic calls Ivanovic's murder 'terrorist act'
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said Tuesday that Serbia views the fatal attack on Oliver Ivanovi...
- 2:54 PM | EU still open to Britain changing mind on Brexit
Leaders of the European Union institutions weighed into a new British debate on whether to hold a se...