- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:11 PM
Zagreb, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Mikaela Shiffrin took a women’s World Cup slalom Wednesday for her seventh win from 14 starts this season.
The Olympic champion from the United States built on a commanding first-run lead to beat Wendy Holdener of Switzerland by 1.59 seconds.
Frida Hansdotter of Sweden was 2.11 behind in third, while Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova, the only skier to beat Shiffrin in a slalom event this season, finished 2.24 off the lead in fourth.
After skipping two speed races in Val d’Isere last month, Shiffrin leads the overall standings with 1,081 points after 16 of this season’s 38 races. Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany trails by 571 points in second.
Shiffrin is the defending slalom and overall World Cup champion. lk/21:11
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:17 PM | EU expects full implementation of all Belgrade-Pristina dialogue
The EU expects full implementation of all Belgrade-Pristina dialogue agreements, including the one t...
- 4:43 PM | SPO appeals TV journalist's probation sentence
The Special Public Prosecution (SPO) filed an appeal to the Court of Appeals challenging a tax evasi...
- 4:33 PM | Parliament dismisses anti-corruption commission members
The Parliament dismissed Monday five members of the State Commission for Prevention of Corruption (S...
- 3:58 PM | EU agrees Brexit transition, UK renews Irish border vow
Britain agreed to a potentially unpalatable deal to avoid a “hard border” for Northern Ireland on Mo...
- 3:53 PM | Europol head: Over 800 IS fighters come from Western Balkans
Nearly 800 people from Western Balkan countries have fought for the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq,...