- Friday, February 02, 2018 11:09 AM
Skopje, 2 February 2018 (MIA) - Kavadarci-based ferro-nickel plant Feni Industries is to reopen after the Board of Creditors decided to conclude an agreement over processing of nickel ore with the sole bidder, GSOL, for a minimum monthly deposit of EUR 1,2 million, the Board said on Friday.
The board says the plant's reopening would create conditions for creditors to collect their outstanding claims at a higher percentage, which is the basic objective of the bankruptcy proceedings.
According to the board, the agreement is also important for employees, who will take up their jobs.
The Veles court approved on 29 November 2017 the opening of bankruptcy proceedings in Feni, which has outstanding liabilities in the amount of EUR 60 million, of which EUR 40 million to Komercijalna Banka-Skopje, Stopanska Banka-Skopje and Silk Road Bank-Skopje.
"Feni Industries" has about 1,000 employees. ik/11:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:24 PM | 2 Greek ex-ministers sue witnesses in pharma bribe case
Two former Greek government ministers have filed criminal lawsuits against witnesses who allegedly i...
- 8:18 PM | Ivanov: Macedonia expects Turkish support and lobbying for NATO accession
Unblocking of the integration processes is key for the long-term stability, security and progress of...
- 8:06 PM | Syria war: Pro-government forces enter Kurdish-held Afrin
Syrian pro-government forces have entered the Kurdish enclave of Afrin, provoking an immediate respo...
- 7:27 PM | Government adopts amendments to law on audio, audiovisual media services
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday adopted a draft bill for amending the law o...
- 7:09 PM | Government adopts strategy for public administration reform
The Government discussed and adopted Tuesday the Strategy for Public Administration Reform 2018-2022...