- Friday, October 06, 2017 11:58 AM
Athens, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - Skopje will do what it can to resolve the issue of the country's name with Greece, Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Greek news agency ANA-MPA after the conclusion of the two-day Second Ministerial Meeting of Greece, Albania, Bulgaria and Macedonia in Thessaloniki on Thursday.
Responding to a question on whether he can see a near-future resolution of the issue, Dimitrov said, "Today I want to stay on 'the larger picture'. In order to resolve the issue of the name - and we will naturally do the best we can to resolve it - it's important to create a positive framework and climb out of the grooves of history, since we cannot change our history, but we can influence our future, and this future will be both common and European. It is important to invest in this direction. If there is a national interest common to all countries, including ours, it is how to do the best for our citizens' future. We are on the right path." ik/11:55
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:09 PM | Xhaferi wraps up visit to Washington with meetings with Tsvetanov and Twining
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi on the sidelines of the Parliamentary Intelligence-Security Forum i...
- 3:27 PM | Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of Nazi Germany
Former President Barack Obama says Americans must be vigilant in their defense of democracy or risk ...
- 2:35 PM | Swiss FOS Asset Management plans to restart “Feni Industries”
The FOS Asset Management SA (FOS), a Swiss based investment company, is one of the potential investo...
- 2:13 PM | Negotiating team not to expand at the meeting with Nimetz
The news broadcast by several media about participation of more individuals in the negotiation proce...
- 1:22 PM | Macedonia to implement Slovenian practices and experiences in several areas
Slovenian institutions will support the processes of harmonization of the Macedonian legislation wit...