- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 12:21 PM | Alexander the Great highway signs are being removed
Makedonija pat, the public company in charge of road construction and maintenance, is removing from ...
- 12:16 PM | MWA holds panel discussion dedicated to academician Milan Gjurcinov
Macedonian Writers' Association (MWA) organises Tuesday a panel discussion dedicated to academician ...
- 11:35 AM | Government discusses amendments to media law
The draft amendments to the Law on Audio and Audiovisual Media Services will be discussed at governm...
- 11:21 AM | Zaev to meet Merkel on Feb. 21 in Berlin
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev will meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday (Feb. 21) in B...
- 11:02 AM | President Ivanov wins World Best Leader in New Generation Investing award
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov received late Monday the award “The Best Leader of the World Inve...