- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:39 PM | Abe on course for resounding victory in Japan, exit polls say
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's ruling coalition is on course for a resounding victory in Sunda...
- 10:50 AM | US, Norwegian musicians to close 36. SJF
Craig Taborn and his quartet (USA) and Paal Nilssen-Love Large Unit (Norway) will close the 36. Skop...
- 10:45 AM | China says jobless rate lowest in years, but challenges persist
China’s unemployment rate has hit its lowest point in multiple years at 3.95 percent by the end of S...
- 10:42 AM | Czech vote winner Babis wants active EU role, not favoring government with extremists
The Czech Republic must seek partners beyond the central European Visegrad Group to find common grou...
- 10:36 AM | Local elections in Kosovo
Voters in Kosovo are heading to the polls on Sunday in an election to choose mayors and councilors i...