- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:45 PM | France's Macron says world is losing battle against climate change
French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday told dozens of world leaders and company bosses gathered...
- 8:36 PM | Macedonia earmarks MKD six million in aid to flood-affected regions in Albania
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97...
- 7:12 PM | Macedonia and Kosovo have no open issues, say Zaev and Thaci
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev after meeting Tuesday with Kosovo President Hashim Thaci said fresh opport...
- 6:52 PM | Ivanov-Temer: Macedonia, Brazil to boost economic cooperation
Possibilities have been created for advancing Macedonia-Brazil cooperation, in particular in the sph...
- 6:15 PM | Wind, rain slam Croatia, Slovenia; 1 death reported
Croatia’s state television says one man died as heavy rains and strong winds slammed the country, al...