- Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:41 AM
Skopje, 7 December 2017 (MIA) - The indictment evaluation council within the Skopje-based Criminal Court has accepted the indictment in the Special Prosecutor's Case (SPO) case dubbed "Titanic 2" over election irregularities, the SPO told MIA.
DPA leader Menduh Thaci, former State Election Commission (SEC) members Bedredin Ibraimi, Anita Stefanovska and Vlatko Sajkovski, as well as current SEC member Saso Srcev are charged with abuse of office in the case.
Wiretapped conversations will be used as evidence in the case.
In addition, the indictment against former Administration for Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) chief Saso Mijalkov for "receiving an award for illegal influence" has also been accepted.
On the other hand, the indictment against five judges suspected of election irregularities has not been accepted, with the SPO already lodging an appeal over the decision. ik/11:39
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:43 AM | Tens of thousands of Romanians brave snow for corruption protest
ens of thousands of Romanians marched through heavy snow in Bucharest on Saturday in protest against...
- 10:34 AM | Afghan forces end Intercontinental Hotel siege
A 12-hour siege of a luxury hotel by gunmen in the Afghan capital has come to an end, security force...
- 4:18 PM | PM Tsipras: Macedonian nation never existed in ancient time, nor did Athenians or Spartans
A Macedonian nation never existed in the period of classical antiquity, as it was the case with the ...
- 4:14 PM | US Embassy in Skopje: Visa, emergency service to continue for US citizens
Scheduled passport and visas services, and emergency services for US citizens, will continue at the ...
- 2:25 PM | UMD urges Macedonia's authorities to put an end to name talks
The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) supports the #OurNameisMacedonia Campaign, spearheaded by Maced...