- Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:56 PM
Ohrid, 2 May 2017 (MIA) - The first group of 180 tourists from the Netherlands arrived Tuesday in Ohrid, thus launching the summer season at Lake Ohrid.
"We welcomed the first plane carrying tourists from the Netherlands. We should have 183 such charters with about 30,000 tourists during the season. We are working hard on promoting Ohrid and Macedonia and we expect the number of passengers at the Ohrid-based airport to reach 200,000", said Alp Er Tunga Ersoy, general manager of TAV Macedonia.
Asim Medjedovic of "Fibula Travel", the Macedonian partner of Dutch tour-operator "Corendon", said the interest for summer holiday in Macedonia is increasing and the number of tourists should rise by about 20 percent this year. ik/12:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:41 PM | Pro-Assad militias to enter Syria's Afrin: state media
Militias allied to the Syrian government will enter the Afrin region, Syrian media reported on Monda...
- 2:36 PM | West's attitude stoking tensions in Balkans: Lavrov
The West is stoking tensions in the Balkans despite Russia's pacific stance, Russian Foreign Ministe...
- 2:06 PM | Zaev-Markus: Slovakia supports Macedonia's EU, NATO integration
Slovakia supports Macedonia's EU and NATO integration process and will assist the country in signifi...
- 1:42 PM | Journalist Talevska admits guilt in "Tifani" case
Journalist Ivona Talevska admitted guilt on Monday regarding the tax evasion charges in the Special ...
- 1:34 PM | Greek FM Kotzias to visit Skopje by February-end or March
Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias is coming to Skopje again by the end of February or the beginni...