- Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:56 PM
Ohrid, 2 May 2017 (MIA) - The first group of 180 tourists from the Netherlands arrived Tuesday in Ohrid, thus launching the summer season at Lake Ohrid.
"We welcomed the first plane carrying tourists from the Netherlands. We should have 183 such charters with about 30,000 tourists during the season. We are working hard on promoting Ohrid and Macedonia and we expect the number of passengers at the Ohrid-based airport to reach 200,000", said Alp Er Tunga Ersoy, general manager of TAV Macedonia.
Asim Medjedovic of "Fibula Travel", the Macedonian partner of Dutch tour-operator "Corendon", said the interest for summer holiday in Macedonia is increasing and the number of tourists should rise by about 20 percent this year. ik/12:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:25 PM | Jean Monnet awards presented
The EU Delegation to Macedonia presented late Tuesday the annual 'Jean Monnet' awards in the categor...
- 9:37 PM | Russian meddling in US election was 'hybrid warfare,' Tillerson says
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Tuesday branded Russia's alleged meddling in last year's Amer...
- 8:55 PM | U.S. Congress to let Iran deadline pass, leave decision to Trump
The U.S. Congress will allow a deadline on re-imposing sanctions on Iran to pass this week, congress...
- 8:45 PM | France's Macron says world is losing battle against climate change
French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday told dozens of world leaders and company bosses gathered...
- 8:36 PM | Macedonia earmarks MKD six million in aid to flood-affected regions in Albania
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97...