- Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:56 PM
Ohrid, 2 May 2017 (MIA) - The first group of 180 tourists from the Netherlands arrived Tuesday in Ohrid, thus launching the summer season at Lake Ohrid.
"We welcomed the first plane carrying tourists from the Netherlands. We should have 183 such charters with about 30,000 tourists during the season. We are working hard on promoting Ohrid and Macedonia and we expect the number of passengers at the Ohrid-based airport to reach 200,000", said Alp Er Tunga Ersoy, general manager of TAV Macedonia.
Asim Medjedovic of "Fibula Travel", the Macedonian partner of Dutch tour-operator "Corendon", said the interest for summer holiday in Macedonia is increasing and the number of tourists should rise by about 20 percent this year. ik/12:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:42 PM | Deputy PM Osmani, Minister Nikolovski visit IPA-funded State Phytosanitary Laboratory in Skopje
Bujar Osmani, Deputy PM in charge of EU affairs, and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Eco...
- 12:43 PM | SDSM believe they are favorites to win the coming municipal elections
Prime Minister and SDSM leader Zoran Zaev said he expects his party to win the municipal elections s...
- 12:21 PM | Osmani says Macedonia will have a positive approach toward all its neighbors
Deputy Prime Minister in charge of European Integration Bujar Osmani said that "Macedonia is in a hi...
- 11:24 AM | Greek President commends handball team for refusing to play Macedonia, which he accused of irredentism
Greek President Prokopis Pavolopoulos called on Macedonia to stop spreading irredentism, which, he s...
- 10:53 AM | Association of Macedonians from Albania demands official documents to be issued in Macedonian
The Ilinden Association from Tirana, which works to protect rights of ethnic Macedonians in Albania,...