- Thursday, December 07, 2017 11:56 AM
Athens, 7 December 2017 (MIA) - Prime Minister Zoran Zaev has expressed his commitment, in an exclusive interview with Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA), to building a friendly relationship with Greece based on mutual trust, that will facilitate a resolution to the issue of his country's name.
Zaev directly called for "support and help from Greek citizens and, naturally, through institutions, from the Greek government, the opposition and the Greek Parliament."
The naming issue "is a delicate issue and is not easy for the Greek politicians, either," he noted but he expressed willingness "to try to understand each other and encourage a resolution that will be mutually acceptable." This he said would place a priority on "caring more for our future than for our past."
In his interview, Zaev said that there is no alternative for his country but membership in the EU and NATO, and asserted that his six-month-old government is exerting immense effort towards fundamental reforms, especially in justice, public administration and education, while in foreign relations it gives top priority to improving relations with neighbors. ik/11:54
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:51 PM | Macedonia's Alagjozovski to attend informal conference of culture ministers in Davos
Ahead of the World Economic Forum, an informal conference for the ministers of culture from the sign...
- 4:11 PM | Mass protest in Thessaloniki against use of 'Macedonia' in name dispute with Skopje
Thousands of people, carrying banners with messages 'Macedonia was, will be Greek'; 'The name is our...
- 3:00 PM | There is room for improvement of language bill - French Ambassador Thimonier
French Ambassador Christian Timonie believes he isn't the only one who has failed to understand the ...
- 1:55 PM | Taliban claims responsibility for deadly assault at Kabul hotel
An Afghan official says an assault on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul has ended after more than ...
- 1:49 PM | Greek PM Tsipras: If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to make good use of it
Under the title 'If there is an opportunity for a solution, it would be a national stupidity not to ...