- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:15 AM
Athens, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - A deputy of Independent Greeks (ANEL), the Greek government’s right-wing coalition partner, has suggested the party could support a compromise solution over the name dispute with the Republic of Macedonia, daily Kathimerini reports.
"ANEL will obey to what the majority decides. We shall respect the principle of majority rule, should the majority go against the national interest,” Costas Katsikis said on Tuesday.
ANEL chief Panos Kammenos has repeatedly said in the past few weeks he would not back a solution that would include the term 'Macedonia.' ik/09:09
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:14 PM | Macedonian parliamentary parties held 'constructive' meetings with NATO's Stoltenberg
Officials of the parties from the ruling coalition DUI and SDSM and the opposition party VMRO-DPMNE ...
- 5:13 PM | MoFA: Mediator's ideas shouldn't be commented before in-depth analysis is made
According to diplomatic principles, ideas of the mediator should not be commended until an in-depth ...
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...