- Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:02 PM
Skopje, 3 January 2018 (MIA) - Representatives of the 'Bioengineering' company Goran and Ivan Kungulovski presented Wednesday a scientific project to Prime Minister Zoran Zaev on 'Personalized Genetics - Genome and Exome Sequencing', which could be applied in diagnosing, pharmacogenetics and other areas of preventive medicine, the government said in a press release.
This methodology offers precise and timely diagnosis, enabling a personalized therapy that should be more effective and cause fewer side effects than the standard options. The introduction of new technologies based on genetic information are a potential tool in pre-natal medicine, fatal and rare diseases, the press release reads.
Zaev commend the young biologists for their enthusiasm and hard work, saying that the government would support all initiatives that would bring scientific progress in general, especially to the sphere of medicine. lk/21:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:46 PM | Macedonia, Serbia coordinate working hours of border phytosanitary inspections
The border phytosanitary inspection of Serbia at the Presevo border crossing starting Sunday will wo...
- 4:24 PM | FM: Vucic should take signature off Brussels Agreement
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic will recommend President Aleksandar Vucic that he took off the ...
- 3:52 PM | BBC: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home
Sergei Skripal wrote to President Putin asking to be allowed to return home, a friend of the former ...
- 3:27 PM | Greek media: FM Dimitrov might visit Athens after Vienna talks
Two Greek television channels have reported that Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Gr...
- 2:13 PM | Greece opposition party criticizes Tsipras for his response to question from MIA reporter
The opposition party New Democracy has accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of addressing national ...