- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:55 PM | Macedonia and Bulgaria sign several cooperation deals
Officials of the governments of Macedonia and Bulgaria signed agreements on cooperation in several s...
- 1:08 PM | Borisov: Corridor 8 is Bulgaria's priority in the region
Corridor 8 is our priority. It is of vital importance for our region, Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov sai...
- 12:56 PM | No IMF recommendation to raise mandatory retirement age: Minister Carovska
The government is seriously committed to stabilizing the Pension and Disability Insurance Fund thus ...
- 12:12 PM | Bishop Jovan of Varna: MOC issue to be considered canonically
The issue of the Macedonian Church is a serious topic which should be considered responsibly and can...
- 12:03 PM | Bangladesh, Myanmar sign deal to allow return of Rohingya Muslims
Bangladesh has signed a deal with Myanmar to return hundreds of thousands of Rohingya Muslims who fl...