- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:56 PM | Romania blocks Russian deputy PM from entering EU airspace
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin had to scrap a trip to Moldova on Friday after his plan...
- 5:09 PM | Ambassador Baily: US works to see Macedonia join NATO
The 'Dragoon Guardian 17' exercise is an excellent opportunity for strengthening the cooperation bet...
- 4:31 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Local elections - test for reviving Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic agenda
Forthcoming local elections will be a test whether Macedonia has succeeded to return on the path of ...
- 4:24 PM | Heated Parliament debate on the budget, Bulgaria treaty
The debate in the Macedonian Parliament on Friday descended into protracted arguments between Speake...
- 3:43 PM | 50 injured in train station accident in Barcelona
Some 50 people needed medical treatment after a Spanish commuter train crashed into the buffers in a...