- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:18 PM | Small-scale irrigation systems to be constructed at six to eight sites
Small-scale environment-friendly irrigation systems will be constructed at six to eight sites on 300...
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Swiss experiences to help Macedonia efficiently implement languages law
Deputy PM in charge of European affairs Bujar Osmani met Tuesday with the Deputy State Secretary of ...
- 1:04 PM | PM Tsipras, Chancellor Merkel discuss name issue in phone call
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had a phone conversation with Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel...
- 12:59 PM | President Ivanov places wreath at Mustafa Kemal Ataturk Mausoleum in Ankara
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov, who is paying an official visit to Turkey, placed a wreath at th...
- 12:54 PM | Zaev-Csaba: Canada supports Macedonia’s NATO integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Canadian Ambassador to Macedonia Kathleen Csaba met Tuesday and assess...