- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:26 PM | Russian 'propaganda on steroids' aimed at 2016 U.S. election: lawmaker
Russia mounted a campaign of "propaganda on steroids" seeking to influence the 2016 U.S. presidentia...
- 9:10 PM | NATO, Russia, share troop information, at odds over Ukraine
NATO's chief says the allies and Russia remain at loggerheads over the conflict in Ukraine but have ...
- 8:38 PM | Two former Parliament speakers voice support for United Macedonia Initiative
Two former Parliament speakers gave speeches to supporters of the United Macedonia Initiative, who t...
- 6:15 PM | Dimitriev: EU is Macedonia's top priority
We used this opportunity to reaffirm our position that European Union membership remains Macedonia's...
- 5:56 PM | Ombudsman Memeti presents 2016 report on respect of human rights in Macedonia
No progress has been registered in terms of respecting the human rights and freedoms in Macedonia, O...