- Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:53 AM
Prague, 11 August 2016 (MIA) - Czech fire-fighters will send electric generators and pumps as support following the weekend's devastating floods in the Skopje region, MIA reports from Prague.
Macedonia activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism, asking for humanitarian assistance.
"The Czech Republic, which has a vast experience in coping with floods, has offered eight generators and 47 pumps, which Macedonia accepted", said Nikole Zaoralova, spokesperson of the Fire Rescue Service of the Czech Republic.
The technical assistance is set to arrive in Macedonia on Saturday. ik/09:51
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:35 PM | Parliament will resume debate on the law on the use of languages after the elections
The debate on the hotly contested law on the use of languages, which would expand the official use o...
- 4:30 PM | Measles outbreak in Gazi Baba worries officials
A partial measles epidemic was declared in the Gazi Baba area of Skopje by the Committee on Infectio...
- 3:25 PM | Taravari says Health Ministry operates well even as he runs for Mayor of Gostivar
Health Minister Arben Taravari held a press conference on Saturday to detail his first 100 days in o...
- 3:09 PM | High school student kidnapped over several hours in Kumanovo on Friday
A female high-school student from the Pero Nakov school in Kumanovo was kidnapped over several hours...
- 2:07 PM | Zaev meets Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Pham
During his stay at the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met with the Deput...