- Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:38 PM
Skopje, 4 April 2013 (MIA) - Skopje Fashion Weekend and the US Embassy organised on Wednesday evening a fashion show showcasing works by designers selected at an open call titled POP! Fashion.
"Following the success of the 'Jazz and Fashion' project held at the US Embassy as part of the Skopje Fashion Weekend Spring/Summer 2012, this season Skopje Fashion Weekend is pleased to resume its collaboration with the embassy with a project dubbed POP! Fashion," organisers say.
In February, an open call was announced inviting fashion and accessory designers as well as fashion students to submit ideas inspired by the American pop art culture.
A jury made up of officials of the US embassy, Skopje Fashion Weekend and the Textile Trade Association of Macedonia – Textile Cluster selected 13 teams of designers out of 40 applicants.
Additionally, this year’s project offered the selected designers a unique opportunity to participate in a workshop on Brand Management. ba/13:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:35 PM | Parliament will resume debate on the law on the use of languages after the elections
The debate on the hotly contested law on the use of languages, which would expand the official use o...
- 4:30 PM | Measles outbreak in Gazi Baba worries officials
A partial measles epidemic was declared in the Gazi Baba area of Skopje by the Committee on Infectio...
- 3:25 PM | Taravari says Health Ministry operates well even as he runs for Mayor of Gostivar
Health Minister Arben Taravari held a press conference on Saturday to detail his first 100 days in o...
- 3:09 PM | High school student kidnapped over several hours in Kumanovo on Friday
A female high-school student from the Pero Nakov school in Kumanovo was kidnapped over several hours...
- 2:07 PM | Zaev meets Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Pham
During his stay at the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met with the Deput...