- Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:38 PM
Skopje, 4 April 2013 (MIA) - Skopje Fashion Weekend and the US Embassy organised on Wednesday evening a fashion show showcasing works by designers selected at an open call titled POP! Fashion.
"Following the success of the 'Jazz and Fashion' project held at the US Embassy as part of the Skopje Fashion Weekend Spring/Summer 2012, this season Skopje Fashion Weekend is pleased to resume its collaboration with the embassy with a project dubbed POP! Fashion," organisers say.
In February, an open call was announced inviting fashion and accessory designers as well as fashion students to submit ideas inspired by the American pop art culture.
A jury made up of officials of the US embassy, Skopje Fashion Weekend and the Textile Trade Association of Macedonia – Textile Cluster selected 13 teams of designers out of 40 applicants.
Additionally, this year’s project offered the selected designers a unique opportunity to participate in a workshop on Brand Management. ba/13:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:13 AM | Germany's FM Steinmeier urges new peace talks during Afghan visit
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, on an unannounced visit to Afghanistan, has urged t...
- 4:56 PM | American company passes internal investment decision to create 1.500 jobs in Strumica
The government is in final negotiations with a global American company to invest in Technological In...
- 4:26 PM | Gruevski announces construction of new facility of police station in Strumica
A new modern facility of police station in Strumica will be constructed in 10 months, project worth ...
- 3:49 PM | Year without summer by Violeta Tancheva-Zlateva winner of 2015 Brothers Miladinov award
The book Year without summer by Violeta Tancheva-Zlateva is the winner of the 2015 Brothers Miladino...
- 3:06 PM | Strumica farmers get new irrigation system
The farmers of the populated places of Kuklish, Svidovica and Gradsko Baldovci in Strumica municipal...