- Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:26 PM
Skopje, 19 August 2017 (MIA) - Newly appointed manager of the 8th of September hospital in Skopje Hristijan Kostov complained at a press conference on Saturday that the hospital has been left with 5 million EUR in debt to private companies and public utility companies. Kostov also said that the former army hospital has unreconstructed operating rooms and reanimation units and also lacks personnel.
"This endangers our ability to perform, given that the hospital has between 6 and 7 thousand surgeries annually and also treats 250.000 patients. It's crucial that the operating rooms are kept functional", Kostov said, adding that the operating rooms have not been reconstructed in decades.
He said that he lacks personnel in some departments, and that priority will also be given to establish air transport for critical patients. Kostov said that he still hasn't determined how the hospital will make the necessary funding available but that he hopes the Government will find a solution.cc/14:26
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:42 PM | Zaev: We expect new ideas on the name issue from Nimetz by mid 2018
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said that he expects a proposal on the name issue to come from Ambassador ...
- 3:44 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says public relations campaigns led to new investments and increased tourism
VMRO-DPMNE responded to the Government's press conference regarding the media campaigns run in the p...
- 3:30 PM | Team behind Directions presents its movie at the Manaki Film Festival
The Manaki Brothers International Film Festival presented the team behind Directions, a Bulgarian - ...
- 3:21 PM | Mancevski says Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production using renewables
Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production relying more on renewable energies and to ...
- 2:10 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says police harassed Kavadarci Mayor candidate, held him at gunpoint
VMRO-DPMNE says that its candidate for Mayor of Kavadarci Mitko Jancev was threatened by police on F...