- Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:32 AM
Ohrid, 19 August 2017 (MIA) - German marathon swimmer Alexander Studzinski won the 31st Ohrid Swimming Marathon on Saturday. Studzinski swam the 30 kilometer Klime Savin track in 5 hours, 15 minutes and 14 seconds, beating out six other swimmers who were neck and neck in the final stretch.
Macedonian swimmer Evgenij Pop Acev was less than a second behind Studzinski, and third placed, Guillermo Bertola from Argentina was two seconds behind.
Italian swimmers dominated the women's competition, wtih Barbara Pozzobon setting an exceptionally good result with 5 hours, 15 minutes and 51 seconds. Second placed was Alice Franko and Martina Grimaldi, all from Italy, was third.
"This was one of the most exciting races ever in the history of the Ohrid marathon. I'm not disappointed in the result at all. Studzinski was stronger in the finish and had more energy", said Pop Acev after the finish at the Ohrid harbor. The 11 points he won with the second place finish, he remains best placed in the FINA Grand Prix series of marathons before the final Capri - Naples race on September 3rd.
Competitors swam the length of lake Ohrid, from the monastery of St. Naum at its southern end to Ohrid in the north.cc/11:31
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:42 PM | Zaev: We expect new ideas on the name issue from Nimetz by mid 2018
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said that he expects a proposal on the name issue to come from Ambassador ...
- 3:44 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says public relations campaigns led to new investments and increased tourism
VMRO-DPMNE responded to the Government's press conference regarding the media campaigns run in the p...
- 3:30 PM | Team behind Directions presents its movie at the Manaki Film Festival
The Manaki Brothers International Film Festival presented the team behind Directions, a Bulgarian - ...
- 3:21 PM | Mancevski says Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production using renewables
Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production relying more on renewable energies and to ...
- 2:10 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says police harassed Kavadarci Mayor candidate, held him at gunpoint
VMRO-DPMNE says that its candidate for Mayor of Kavadarci Mitko Jancev was threatened by police on F...