- Friday, October 06, 2017 4:48 PM
Prilep, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - The negotiations with Greece on settling the name row have been deadlocked for a long time and now a positive approach to the process is needed, not a 'superficial nationalism,' Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov said Friday in Prilep.
Now we should work on reviving old and making new friendships, which also refers to Greece, as Macedonia needs them if it wishes to solve the (name) problem, Dimitrov said.
He also expressed belief that Macedonia's EU - accession talks would be launched soon.
'I believe we have a chance, but a lot has to be done yet. I'll do my best to persuade out neighbors, Brussels and all EU members that such move is rather beneficial for Macedonia, but also for Europe,' Dimitrov said. lk/16:47
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...
- 3:52 PM | FM Dimitrov expects positive outcome from NATO Summit in July
Expectation of a positive outcome from the forthcoming NATO Summit in July 2018 and gratitude for th...
- 2:46 PM | HRW report hails resistance to Trump-style populism
Activists have decried the rise of US President Donald Trump and his embrace of populist strongmen a...