- Friday, January 26, 2018 9:09 PM
Skopje, 26 January 2018 (MIA) - At the sidelines of World Economic Forum in Davos, Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev held talks Friday with the philanthropist, investor and founder of the Open Society Foundation (OSF), George Soros, the government said in a press release.
Macedonia shares with OSF and promotes the values of democracy, human rights, rule of law and open society, Zaev said at the meeting.
He notified that the concept - equal society for all, along with the democratic reforms for the EU, NATO membership and the government's economic measures - remained the foundation upon which the new Macedonia's image was being built.
Macedonia and Soros are ready to keep cooperating in developing the country's democratic capacity and new business, investment opportunities, the press release reads. lk/21:08
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:47 AM | Hahn: EU to back starting entry talks with Macedonia
The European Union will recommend starting accession talks with the Republic of Macedonia and Albani...
- 9:33 AM | Lavrov: EU is passive on Great Albania ideas, Ohrid Framework Agreement violated
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov referred late Wednesday to the situation in Macedonia in the ...
- 9:20 AM | Solution protecting dignity and identity of both sides, Zaev tells ANA-MPA
Building mutual trust and a guarantee that the solution is final and protects the dignity and identi...
- 9:14 AM | Public debate on public procurement reform in Struga
The second public debate on the new draft-law on public procurement will be held Thursday in Struga.
- 9:02 AM | Concert of Klasik Trio in Bitola
An all-evening concert of Klasik Trio comprised of Ismail Lumanovski and Igor Bakrevski on clarinet,...