- Friday, February 09, 2018 6:16 PM
Skopje, 9 February 2018 (MIA) – The first play set to premiere at the Macedonian National Theater in 2018 is The Young Ladies of Avignon. Its first performance is scheduled for February 21, and the play is based on Sasho Dimoski's script and directed by Nenad Vitanov.
The MNT production marks the 110th anniversary of the creation of Picasso's famous painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, which was a major first step towards Cubism and is generally taken as the foundation of the art movement.
The cast consists of Iskra Veterova, Sofia Nasevska-Trifunovska, Zvezdana Angelovska, Gordana Endrovska, Ana Stojanovska, and Vasil Zafircev.
Kaliopi Bukle wrote the score, Filip Vitanov is the set designer, and Tanja Kokev designed the costumes for the play. mr/18:15
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:08 PM | Rama's 'joint president' statement is outrageous, says FM Dacic
Serbia's Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic condemned Monday the statement of Edi Rama saying that the EU ...
- 8:57 PM | Erdogan warns Syrian government against deal with YPG
Syria's government will face consequences if it reaches an agreement with the Kurdish YPG militia ag...
- 8:25 PM | MP Sela testifies in trial against his attackers
Giving testimony at a trial regarding the violent events in Parliament on 27 April 2017, Zijadin Sel...
- 7:48 PM | Ex-Greek ambassador says he's moderate optimist for name solution
Moderate optimism for finding a solution to the name issue has been expressed by the former Greek am...
- 7:10 PM | TV journalist Talevska sentenced to two years of probation (UPD)
TV journalist Ivona Talevska on Monday was sentenced to two years of probation after pleading guilty...