- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:24 PM
Belgrade, 23 August 2017 (MIA) - The Movement of Free Citizens of Serbia, the political party led by Sasa Jankovic, condemned Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic for a "dangerous policy of confrontation" with neighboring countries, after the diplomatic spat with Macedonia.
"If we exclude the period of the wars in the 1990's, Serbia's relations with the neighbors were never so unstable - with Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, and now with Macedonia", the party said. According to Jankovic's party, Serbia had exceptional relations with Macedonia, with no serious problems, for tens of years, but "Vucic's dangerous policy of confrontation has managed to degrade relations with Skopje".
Serbia withdrew all its diplomats from Macedonia, citing that they were subjected to unfriendly intelligence measures. Vucic and Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev spoke on the phone on Wednesday and agreed to work to resolve all open issues through dialogue.cc/15:24
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:42 PM | Zaev: We expect new ideas on the name issue from Nimetz by mid 2018
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said that he expects a proposal on the name issue to come from Ambassador ...
- 3:44 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says public relations campaigns led to new investments and increased tourism
VMRO-DPMNE responded to the Government's press conference regarding the media campaigns run in the p...
- 3:30 PM | Team behind Directions presents its movie at the Manaki Film Festival
The Manaki Brothers International Film Festival presented the team behind Directions, a Bulgarian - ...
- 3:21 PM | Mancevski says Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production using renewables
Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production relying more on renewable energies and to ...
- 2:10 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says police harassed Kavadarci Mayor candidate, held him at gunpoint
VMRO-DPMNE says that its candidate for Mayor of Kavadarci Mitko Jancev was threatened by police on F...