- Sunday, September 03, 2017 11:31 AM
Tirana, 3 September 2017 (MIA) - Italian police have seized a record-breaking amount of marijuana, 2.3 tonnes, smuggled from Albania.
The operation was conducted in the Italian city of San Benedetto del Tronto. A 63-year old man from Italy and a 24-year old man of Albanian nationality were arrested.
It is the largest amount of drugs that has been seized in the region, according to police.
Also, Albanian police in the past couple of days have seized over 1.6 tonnes of marijuana during several separate operations. ba/11:31
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 7:59 PM | PM Zaev, President Steinmeier commend Macedonia-Germany relations
Macedonia's Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Germany's President Frank-Walter Steinmeier voiced satisfa...
- 7:18 PM | Russia, Iran must help end 'massacre' in Syria enclave: Berlin
Germany on Wednesday urged Russia and Iran to push the Syrian regime to end the deadly airstrikes on...
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...
- 5:11 PM | President Ivanov delivers lecture at Turkey's Council of Higher Education
President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday in Ankara a lecture on challenges of higher education in...