- Sunday, September 03, 2017 11:31 AM
Tirana, 3 September 2017 (MIA) - Italian police have seized a record-breaking amount of marijuana, 2.3 tonnes, smuggled from Albania.
The operation was conducted in the Italian city of San Benedetto del Tronto. A 63-year old man from Italy and a 24-year old man of Albanian nationality were arrested.
It is the largest amount of drugs that has been seized in the region, according to police.
Also, Albanian police in the past couple of days have seized over 1.6 tonnes of marijuana during several separate operations. ba/11:31
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 8:55 PM | U.S. Congress to let Iran deadline pass, leave decision to Trump
The U.S. Congress will allow a deadline on re-imposing sanctions on Iran to pass this week, congress...
- 8:45 PM | France's Macron says world is losing battle against climate change
French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday told dozens of world leaders and company bosses gathered...
- 8:36 PM | Macedonia earmarks MKD six million in aid to flood-affected regions in Albania
Macedonia's government at its regular session on Tuesday has earmarked MKD six million (about EUR 97...
- 7:12 PM | Macedonia and Kosovo have no open issues, say Zaev and Thaci
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev after meeting Tuesday with Kosovo President Hashim Thaci said fresh opport...
- 6:52 PM | Ivanov-Temer: Macedonia, Brazil to boost economic cooperation
Possibilities have been created for advancing Macedonia-Brazil cooperation, in particular in the sph...