- Sunday, September 03, 2017 11:31 AM
Tirana, 3 September 2017 (MIA) - Italian police have seized a record-breaking amount of marijuana, 2.3 tonnes, smuggled from Albania.
The operation was conducted in the Italian city of San Benedetto del Tronto. A 63-year old man from Italy and a 24-year old man of Albanian nationality were arrested.
It is the largest amount of drugs that has been seized in the region, according to police.
Also, Albanian police in the past couple of days have seized over 1.6 tonnes of marijuana during several separate operations. ba/11:31
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:39 PM | Abe on course for resounding victory in Japan, exit polls say
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's ruling coalition is on course for a resounding victory in Sunda...
- 10:50 AM | US, Norwegian musicians to close 36. SJF
Craig Taborn and his quartet (USA) and Paal Nilssen-Love Large Unit (Norway) will close the 36. Skop...
- 10:45 AM | China says jobless rate lowest in years, but challenges persist
China’s unemployment rate has hit its lowest point in multiple years at 3.95 percent by the end of S...
- 10:42 AM | Czech vote winner Babis wants active EU role, not favoring government with extremists
The Czech Republic must seek partners beyond the central European Visegrad Group to find common grou...
- 10:36 AM | Local elections in Kosovo
Voters in Kosovo are heading to the polls on Sunday in an election to choose mayors and councilors i...