- Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Solun, 24 September 2017 (MIA) - A group of 168 Syrian migrants illegally entered Greek territory from the normally well defended land border with Turkey, Greece police informed.
The group was apparently not using human traffickers but self-organized and walked across the border. Three more attempts weer prevented, including one in which 10 people, mostly Iraqis, were hidden in a truck driven by a Bulgarian citizen.
Greece's Aegean island route is largely closed since early 2016, and new routes, including a sea route from Turkey to Bulgaria and Romania, are being explored by the migrants based in Turkey.cc/12:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:35 AM | Mogherini urged to do more on Russian propaganda
Eight member states have urged the EU's foreign service to significantly expand its work on counteri...
- 8:54 AM | Administrative Court upholds one VMRO-DPMNE appeal
The Administrative Court has upheld one of the 28 appeals against State Election Commission (SEC) de...
- 8:49 AM | Thessaloniki court to decide on extradition of Grujevski and Boskovski
The Thessaloniki court is to decide Tuesday whether former chief of the Administration for Security ...
- 8:43 AM | Workshop on NATO-SIARS project
Defense Minister Radmila Sekerinska will open Tuesday a workshop within NATO's SIARS project over de...
- 8:25 AM | Promotion of Venezuelan cinematography in Macedonia
Venezuelan cinematography will be promoted for the first time in Macedonia through a screening of se...