- Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Solun, 24 September 2017 (MIA) - A group of 168 Syrian migrants illegally entered Greek territory from the normally well defended land border with Turkey, Greece police informed.
The group was apparently not using human traffickers but self-organized and walked across the border. Three more attempts weer prevented, including one in which 10 people, mostly Iraqis, were hidden in a truck driven by a Bulgarian citizen.
Greece's Aegean island route is largely closed since early 2016, and new routes, including a sea route from Turkey to Bulgaria and Romania, are being explored by the migrants based in Turkey.cc/12:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:54 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Special Prosecutor Janeva
The Special Prosecution Office (SPO) is determined to fulfill the goal it has been set for, namely t...
- 4:26 PM | NATO Secretary General Secretary meets Speaker Xhaferi
A constructive dialogue, engagement of state institutions and all political stakeholders in implemen...
- 4:07 PM | Hundreds mourn slain Kosovo Serb politican at funeral
Hundreds of people mourned at the funeral of moderate Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic on Thur...
- 3:52 PM | FM Dimitrov expects positive outcome from NATO Summit in July
Expectation of a positive outcome from the forthcoming NATO Summit in July 2018 and gratitude for th...
- 2:46 PM | HRW report hails resistance to Trump-style populism
Activists have decried the rise of US President Donald Trump and his embrace of populist strongmen a...