- Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:37 PM
Solun, 24 September 2017 (MIA) - A group of 168 Syrian migrants illegally entered Greek territory from the normally well defended land border with Turkey, Greece police informed.
The group was apparently not using human traffickers but self-organized and walked across the border. Three more attempts weer prevented, including one in which 10 people, mostly Iraqis, were hidden in a truck driven by a Bulgarian citizen.
Greece's Aegean island route is largely closed since early 2016, and new routes, including a sea route from Turkey to Bulgaria and Romania, are being explored by the migrants based in Turkey.cc/12:37
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:44 PM | Top Trump lawyer quits as Mueller probe presses White House
The leading attorney on President Donald Trump's legal team, John Dowd, resigned Thursday amid growi...
- 9:15 PM | Britain's May warns EU leaders of Russia threat
British Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday warned EU leaders that Russia posed a threat to the w...
- 8:52 PM | Trump announces $50bn in China tariffs
The US plans to impose tariffs on about $50bn in Chinese goods and limit the country's investment in...
- 8:30 PM | Macedonia set for census in 2020, State Statistical Office Director tells BIRN
The census of national population is planned to take place in 2020, State Statistical Office Direct...
- 7:12 PM | French corporation takes over Belgrade airport for 25 years
Belgrade airport has been given under concession to the French company Vinci Airports at a signing c...