- Friday, October 06, 2017 8:27 AM
Tirana, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - At least 120 Albanian nationals joined the Islamic State over the past decade, with more than 20 killed at battlefields, heard a forum in Shkoder that focused on regulations and ways to identify extremists.
"No Albanian citizens left for Syria this year as a result of the legal initiatives. However, this does not mean there will not be some later. Engagement of all stakeholders, special programmes and policies are a necessity", said representatives of the Helsinki Committee.
According to them, treatment of individuals returning from battlefields, but also their families, is still a problem.
Albania has adopted a national strategy for fight against violent extremism and a law banning Albanian citizens to take part in foreign armies. ik/08:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:21 PM | Strategic talks on enhancement of Macedonia-France defense cooperation
Enhancement of cooperation with the Directorate-General for International Relations and Strategy wit...
- 1:47 PM | EP: Third country nationals exempt from visa requirements to apply for EU travel authorization as of 2020
The European Parliament's Civil Liberties Committee approved Thursday new draft rules according to w...
- 12:40 PM | Detention ordered against fifth suspect involved in MP Sela's attack
A judge has ordered a 30-day detention against a man, the fifth suspect, for an attempted murder of ...
- 12:38 PM | Nikolovski: Cooperation with scientific institutions in creation of new agrarian policies
The scientists from 26 countries, representatives of universities, institutions and companies partic...
- 12:38 PM | Grujevski, Boskovski extradition procedure to start after Interpol notification: justice ministry
The Justice Ministry will initiate the procedure for extradition of Goran Grujevski and Nikola Bosko...