- Friday, October 06, 2017 8:27 AM
Tirana, 6 October 2017 (MIA) - At least 120 Albanian nationals joined the Islamic State over the past decade, with more than 20 killed at battlefields, heard a forum in Shkoder that focused on regulations and ways to identify extremists.
"No Albanian citizens left for Syria this year as a result of the legal initiatives. However, this does not mean there will not be some later. Engagement of all stakeholders, special programmes and policies are a necessity", said representatives of the Helsinki Committee.
According to them, treatment of individuals returning from battlefields, but also their families, is still a problem.
Albania has adopted a national strategy for fight against violent extremism and a law banning Albanian citizens to take part in foreign armies. ik/08:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:48 PM | Presentation of Franco-German award for human rights
French, German Ambassadors to Macedonia Christian Thimonier and Thomas Gerberich, along with Prime M...
- 7:54 PM | Decision on Macedonia's request for extradition of former UBK officials to be announced next week
Thessaloniki court will announce its decision on Macedonia's request for extradition of former Admin...
- 7:15 PM | Muslim leaders call on world to recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital
Muslim leaders condemned U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Is...
- 7:02 PM | DM Sekerinska meets British State Minister for Europe and America Duncan
Macedonia has been working on systemic reforms and advancement of the relations with its neighbors. ...
- 6:32 PM | Brexit: European Parliament backs move to next phase of talks
The European Parliament has voted to back a move to the next phase of Brexit talks, as well as an am...