- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:45 AM
London, 14 February 2017 (MIA) - To this day, the origin of Valentine's Day still isn't a hundred percent clear. Regardless, many countries celebrate their own variation of the heart-shaped holiday in a variety of fun, interesting ways.
The Danish celebrate Valentine's Day by giving friends and lovers pressed white flowers called snowdrops.
The French are said to be the originators of Valentine's Day cards. Charles, Duke of Orleans, sent love letters to his wife while imprisoned in 1415.
South Koreans celebrate on three separate days, with women giving gifts Feb 14th, men on March 14th and the lonely, well, eating their feelings in comfort on April 15th.
It's extremely popular to get married on Valentine's Day in the Philippines. In recent years hundreds of couples have participated in mass public weddings.
In South Africa, women pin the names of their crushes on their sleeves, allowing men to learn of their secret admirers. sk/09:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:56 PM | Egypt Coptic Christians killed in bus attack
Gunmen have attacked a bus carrying Coptic Christians in central Egypt, killing at least 26 people a...
- 3:31 PM | Man charged with planting improvised explosive device in Parliament on April 27
A criminal charge has been longed against a 41-year old Skopje native, who had planted an improvised...
- 3:21 PM | Road cargo transportation up, air and railway down in first quarter of 2017
The volume of goods transported by roads through Macedonia increased by nearly 70 percent in the fir...
- 2:51 PM | Foreign Ministry summons Serbian Ambassador over her diplomat's presence at the Parliament incident
The Foreign Affairs Ministry called Serbian Ambassador to Macedonia Dusanka Divjak Tomic to ask for ...
- 2:36 PM | Total of 5.340 births, 6.132 deaths in first quarter of 2017
The State Statistics Bureau informed that there were a total of 5.340 births in the first quarter of...