- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:45 AM
London, 14 February 2017 (MIA) - To this day, the origin of Valentine's Day still isn't a hundred percent clear. Regardless, many countries celebrate their own variation of the heart-shaped holiday in a variety of fun, interesting ways.
The Danish celebrate Valentine's Day by giving friends and lovers pressed white flowers called snowdrops.
The French are said to be the originators of Valentine's Day cards. Charles, Duke of Orleans, sent love letters to his wife while imprisoned in 1415.
South Koreans celebrate on three separate days, with women giving gifts Feb 14th, men on March 14th and the lonely, well, eating their feelings in comfort on April 15th.
It's extremely popular to get married on Valentine's Day in the Philippines. In recent years hundreds of couples have participated in mass public weddings.
In South Africa, women pin the names of their crushes on their sleeves, allowing men to learn of their secret admirers. sk/09:45
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 11:17 AM | Russia's Lavrov: EU pushes Serbia towards Ukraine-style crisis
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has warned the European Union that trying to force Serbia to ...
- 10:53 AM | All 66 passengers, crew believed dead after plane crashes in Iran
Sixty-six people have been killed in a passenger plane crash in Iran, airline company officials say.
- 4:24 PM | Xhaferi-Radev: Bulgaria to fully support Macedonia's bid to join EU, NATO
Macedonia's Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi and Bulgaria's President Rumen Radev agreed Saturday th...
- 3:32 PM | Bulgaria's President tells MIA who is Rumen Radev
Pilot, diver, rock music fan - who is Bulgaria's President Rumen Radev. His biography records a sol...
- 2:18 PM | Western Balkan states must solve border disputes before joining EU: Juncker
European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker on Saturday underscored the importance of offering cou...