- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:35 AM
Belgrade, 12 September 2017 (MIA) - Serbia has granted citizenship to the British actor and director Ralph Fiennes, who is filming a movie about a Soviet ballet dancing legend in Belgrade.
The latest issue of Serbia’s national gazette said the decision was signed by Prime Minister Ana Brnabic on September 7, Beta news agency reports.
Fiennes is currently in Belgrade where he is directing a film about Rudolf Nureyev, the Soviet-born ballet dancer who dramatically fled the USSR and became the director, and later chief choreographer, of the Paris Opera Ballet.
The Belgrade Philharmonic is collaborating with Fiennes on this project.
The British-born actor made his directorial debut in Serbia with an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Coriolanus in 2010.
Fiennes was also present at the inauguration ceremony for Serbia’s President, Aleksandar Vucic. sk/10:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 1:55 PM | Macedonia and Bulgaria sign several cooperation deals
Officials of the governments of Macedonia and Bulgaria signed agreements on cooperation in several s...
- 1:08 PM | Borisov: Corridor 8 is Bulgaria's priority in the region
Corridor 8 is our priority. It is of vital importance for our region, Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov sai...
- 12:56 PM | No IMF recommendation to raise mandatory retirement age: Minister Carovska
The government is seriously committed to stabilizing the Pension and Disability Insurance Fund thus ...
- 12:12 PM | Bishop Jovan of Varna: MOC issue to be considered canonically
The issue of the Macedonian Church is a serious topic which should be considered responsibly and can...
- 12:03 PM | Bangladesh, Myanmar sign deal to allow return of Rohingya Muslims
Bangladesh has signed a deal with Myanmar to return hundreds of thousands of Rohingya Muslims who fl...