- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:35 AM
Belgrade, 12 September 2017 (MIA) - Serbia has granted citizenship to the British actor and director Ralph Fiennes, who is filming a movie about a Soviet ballet dancing legend in Belgrade.
The latest issue of Serbia’s national gazette said the decision was signed by Prime Minister Ana Brnabic on September 7, Beta news agency reports.
Fiennes is currently in Belgrade where he is directing a film about Rudolf Nureyev, the Soviet-born ballet dancer who dramatically fled the USSR and became the director, and later chief choreographer, of the Paris Opera Ballet.
The Belgrade Philharmonic is collaborating with Fiennes on this project.
The British-born actor made his directorial debut in Serbia with an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Coriolanus in 2010.
Fiennes was also present at the inauguration ceremony for Serbia’s President, Aleksandar Vucic. sk/10:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:42 PM | Zaev: We expect new ideas on the name issue from Nimetz by mid 2018
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev said that he expects a proposal on the name issue to come from Ambassador ...
- 3:44 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says public relations campaigns led to new investments and increased tourism
VMRO-DPMNE responded to the Government's press conference regarding the media campaigns run in the p...
- 3:30 PM | Team behind Directions presents its movie at the Manaki Film Festival
The Manaki Brothers International Film Festival presented the team behind Directions, a Bulgarian - ...
- 3:21 PM | Mancevski says Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production using renewables
Macedonia should increase domestic electricity production relying more on renewable energies and to ...
- 2:10 PM | VMRO-DPMNE says police harassed Kavadarci Mayor candidate, held him at gunpoint
VMRO-DPMNE says that its candidate for Mayor of Kavadarci Mitko Jancev was threatened by police on F...