- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:35 AM
Belgrade, 12 September 2017 (MIA) - Serbia has granted citizenship to the British actor and director Ralph Fiennes, who is filming a movie about a Soviet ballet dancing legend in Belgrade.
The latest issue of Serbia’s national gazette said the decision was signed by Prime Minister Ana Brnabic on September 7, Beta news agency reports.
Fiennes is currently in Belgrade where he is directing a film about Rudolf Nureyev, the Soviet-born ballet dancer who dramatically fled the USSR and became the director, and later chief choreographer, of the Paris Opera Ballet.
The Belgrade Philharmonic is collaborating with Fiennes on this project.
The British-born actor made his directorial debut in Serbia with an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s Coriolanus in 2010.
Fiennes was also present at the inauguration ceremony for Serbia’s President, Aleksandar Vucic. sk/10:32
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 2:05 PM | Deputy PM: Swiss experiences to help Macedonia efficiently implement languages law
Deputy PM in charge of European affairs Bujar Osmani met Tuesday with the Deputy State Secretary of ...
- 1:04 PM | PM Tsipras, Chancellor Merkel discuss name issue in phone call
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had a phone conversation with Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel...
- 12:59 PM | President Ivanov places wreath at Mustafa Kemal Ataturk Mausoleum in Ankara
Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov, who is paying an official visit to Turkey, placed a wreath at th...
- 12:54 PM | Zaev-Csaba: Canada supports Macedonia’s NATO integration
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Canadian Ambassador to Macedonia Kathleen Csaba met Tuesday and assess...
- 12:27 PM | Turkey foiled Syrian move into Afrin after Putin talks: Erdogan
Turkey thwarted the possible deployment of Syrian government troops into the northwest Afrin region ...