- Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:53 AM
Rome, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - Two prisoners who were invited to meet Pope Francis for lunch on his recent visit to Bologna took advantage of the occasion to escape, local media reports said on Wednesday, AFP reads.
The two men, who were being held in a rehabilitation facility for drug addicts and prisoners, were reportedly among 20 prisoners who were due to meet Francis on October 1st.
They disappeared either just before or just after the lunch and have not been seen since, according to reports that local authorities have not confirmed or denied.
Francis has made mercy one of the themes of his papacy and regularly meets prisoners on his trips outside the Vatican. sk/09:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 5:44 PM | UNICEF: Every child is entitled to healthy environment
Macedonia's Environment Minister Sadula Duraki and UNICEF Representative Benjamin Perks discussed We...
- 5:41 PM | Branko Gapo's digitized films promoted at Cinematheque of Macedonia
Digitized films and a DVD of the body of work of Macedonian film director Branko Gapo were promoted ...
- 5:11 PM | President Ivanov delivers lecture at Turkey's Council of Higher Education
President Gjorge Ivanov delivered Wednesday in Ankara a lecture on challenges of higher education in...
- 5:03 PM | Vice-Premier Osmani: Macedonia needs help for building national consensus on strategic issues
The European Commission's Strategy for the Western Balkan countries has accurately assessed Macedoni...
- 4:52 PM | European cities need to adapt now to future drought, floods - researchers
European cities in the second half of the century may face significantly worse heatwaves, deepening ...