- Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:53 AM
Rome, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - Two prisoners who were invited to meet Pope Francis for lunch on his recent visit to Bologna took advantage of the occasion to escape, local media reports said on Wednesday, AFP reads.
The two men, who were being held in a rehabilitation facility for drug addicts and prisoners, were reportedly among 20 prisoners who were due to meet Francis on October 1st.
They disappeared either just before or just after the lunch and have not been seen since, according to reports that local authorities have not confirmed or denied.
Francis has made mercy one of the themes of his papacy and regularly meets prisoners on his trips outside the Vatican. sk/09:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 9:46 PM | Erdogan, Putin warn of further tension over US Jerusalem move
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin warned on Monday that ...
- 9:35 PM | Saakashvili freed by Ukraine court, urges government change
Mikheil Saakashvili, the former Georgian president turned opposition leader in Ukraine, walked free ...
- 9:21 PM | EU advances membership talks for Serbia, Montenegro
The EU on Monday opened new chapters in its membership talks with Serbia and Montenegro, countries w...
- 8:50 PM | Pentagon skeptical about Russia's Syria pullout claims
The Pentagon on Monday voiced skepticism about Russian President Vladimir Putin's announcement that ...
- 8:42 PM | Bosnian military attache in Netherlands arrested for war crimes
Bosnia/Herzegovina's military attache in the Netherlands Enes Jahic was arrested Monday on suspicion...