- Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:53 AM
Rome, 12 October 2017 (MIA) - Two prisoners who were invited to meet Pope Francis for lunch on his recent visit to Bologna took advantage of the occasion to escape, local media reports said on Wednesday, AFP reads.
The two men, who were being held in a rehabilitation facility for drug addicts and prisoners, were reportedly among 20 prisoners who were due to meet Francis on October 1st.
They disappeared either just before or just after the lunch and have not been seen since, according to reports that local authorities have not confirmed or denied.
Francis has made mercy one of the themes of his papacy and regularly meets prisoners on his trips outside the Vatican. sk/09:50
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 10:50 AM | US, Norwegian musicians to close 36. SJF
Craig Taborn and his quartet (USA) and Paal Nilssen-Love Large Unit (Norway) will close the 36. Skop...
- 10:45 AM | China says jobless rate lowest in years, but challenges persist
China’s unemployment rate has hit its lowest point in multiple years at 3.95 percent by the end of S...
- 10:42 AM | Czech vote winner Babis wants active EU role, not favoring government with extremists
The Czech Republic must seek partners beyond the central European Visegrad Group to find common grou...
- 10:36 AM | Local elections in Kosovo
Voters in Kosovo are heading to the polls on Sunday in an election to choose mayors and councilors i...
- 10:32 AM | Parties lodge 27 appeals to Administrative Court
Parties have lodged 27 appeals to the Administrative Court against the decisions of the State Electi...