- Friday, January 12, 2018 1:29 PM
Boston, 12 January 2018 (MIA) - It was close but no cigar for anyone who bid less than $26,950 at auction for a signed box of Cuban cigars from Fidel Castro's personal collection, AP reports.
Boston-based RR Auction says Thursday that was the winning bid.
The wooden Trinidad Fundadores cigar box was signed in blue felt tip by the longtime Cuban leader. It is accompanied by a photograph of Castro signing it for philanthropist Dr. Eva Haller in 2002.
The box contains 24 cigars, is stamped on each end and has a maker's mark on the bottom. It also includes a "Republica de Cuba" cigar warranty seal, which has been re-adhered. sk/13:25
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 3:30 PM | Minister Spasovski attends Epiphany observance in Pustec
Minister of Interior Oliver Spasovski visited Friday Albania's Pustec municipality, attending the ob...
- 2:36 PM | Last three years hottest on record: UN
The last three years were the hottest on record, the United Nations weather agency said Thursday, ci...
- 2:18 PM | President Ivanov, diplomatic corps attend Epiphany event in Dojran
President Gjorge Ivanov and members of the diplomatic corps to Macedonia attended the event observin...
- 1:46 PM | Turkish shelling marks start of Afrin operation, minister says
Turkey’s operation in Syria’s Kurdish-controlled Afrin region has “de facto” begun with cross-border...
- 1:39 PM | PM Zaev optimist on name settlement respectable for both sides
Prime Minister Zoran Zaev voiced Friday belief over a solution to the name issue. Prime Minister Zor...