- Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:03 PM
Gevgelija, 31 March 2016 (MIA) - Macedonian Army (ARM) troops at the southern border with Greece are deployed at the most critical points. The border is properly delineated and protected, said Defense Minister Zoran Jolevski during Thursday's visit to the border near Gevgelija.
Jolevski said the situation has calmed down, but there is continual monitoring of developments.
"According to rough estimates by the ARM General Staff, extension of the state of emergency by the year-end and the deployment of troops at the border would require additional EUR 8 million", he added.
Minister Jolevski has confirmed his participation at the coming Vienna meeting with counterparts from central Europe and the Western Balkans route, expecting an agreement over the future steps in the management of the refugee crisis. ik/13:01
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:46 PM | Macedonia, Serbia coordinate working hours of border phytosanitary inspections
The border phytosanitary inspection of Serbia at the Presevo border crossing starting Sunday will wo...
- 4:24 PM | FM: Vucic should take signature off Brussels Agreement
Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic will recommend President Aleksandar Vucic that he took off the ...
- 3:52 PM | BBC: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home
Sergei Skripal wrote to President Putin asking to be allowed to return home, a friend of the former ...
- 3:27 PM | Greek media: FM Dimitrov might visit Athens after Vienna talks
Two Greek television channels have reported that Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Dimitrov told Gr...
- 2:13 PM | Greece opposition party criticizes Tsipras for his response to question from MIA reporter
The opposition party New Democracy has accused Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras of addressing national ...