- Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:10 AM
Gevgelija, 27 July 2016 (MIA) - President Gjorge Ivanov, accompanied by Army Chief of Staff General Metodija Velickovski, will visit the Army units deployed at the southern border with Greece on Wednesday. The soldiers are there to assist the police in patrolling the border following the major refugee and migrant crisis in 2015 and early 2016.
During the visit, President Ivanov will be informed of the current situation at the border and the tactical activities our units are undertaking to prevent further unlawful crossing of the border. At the height of the crisis, more than 10.000 people would stream across on their way toward core European Union countries. Macedonia closed the border in early 2016, after this decision was made by countries further north along the route, and it is now a de-facto external border of the European Union.
President Ivanov will visit the barracks where the soldiers are based, and will have a joint lunch with them troops.cc/09:10
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 4:09 PM | Xhaferi wraps up visit to Washington with meetings with Tsvetanov and Twining
Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi on the sidelines of the Parliamentary Intelligence-Security Forum i...
- 3:27 PM | Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of Nazi Germany
Former President Barack Obama says Americans must be vigilant in their defense of democracy or risk ...
- 2:35 PM | Swiss FOS Asset Management plans to restart “Feni Industries”
The FOS Asset Management SA (FOS), a Swiss based investment company, is one of the potential investo...
- 2:13 PM | Negotiating team not to expand at the meeting with Nimetz
The news broadcast by several media about participation of more individuals in the negotiation proce...
- 1:22 PM | Macedonia to implement Slovenian practices and experiences in several areas
Slovenian institutions will support the processes of harmonization of the Macedonian legislation wit...