- Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:25 PM
Skopje, 11 November 2017 (MIA) - Macedonian Power Plants (ELEM) plans new modernisation of the largest Mining and Energy Combine (REK) Bitola and restart of production in thermal power plant TPP Oslomej.
We plan to modernize Block 1 in REK Bitola. Block 2 and 3 were modernized in 2012/2013 which practically reduced their production capacities. Currently, we are analyzing the reason aimed to determine why blocks weakened rather becoming more powerful after the intervention, Director General and President of the Management Board of AD ELEM, Dragan Minovski told MIA.
He stressed that TPP Oslomej is planned to start working again in the middle or at the latest by the end of the month.
Preparatory activities are underway in TPP Oslomej to restart the plant and efforts are being made to dig up the required coal, Minovski said.
Additional investments are planned for modernisation of the thermal power plant in the next period and for its restart. The government is considering modernising TEC Negotino i.e. to produce electricity and heat that will be used for heating greenhouses, Minovski said, adding that TPP Negotino is planned to operate on natural gas. sk/12:24
All Rights Reserved.This material may not be stored, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form, except with the prior express permission of Macedonian Information Agency.
- 6:40 PM | Alternate FM Katrougalos announces Greece's intention to support Macedonia's bid to join Adriatic-Ionian Initiative
Alternate Minister for Foreign Affairs Giorgos Katrougalos in a letter to the EU Commissioners in ch...
- 6:40 PM | Academia Balkanica Europeana: The Balkans - an integral creative part of Europe
The European Academy of the Balkans based in Bucharest, also known as Academia Balkanica Europeana, ...
- 5:24 PM | Macedonian government promotes European behavior in Balkan region - DM Sekerinska tells DW
Thus far the Macedonian government has promoted a kind of different approach to policy-making and a ...
- 5:20 PM | New raids kill 13 in Syria suburb
A new wave of deadly Syrian government bombardment in the opposition-held eastern suburbs of the cap...
- 5:05 PM | 'May 25' scandal: 'Maximum' sentence to send clear message, says PM Zaev
I support maximum sentences for those who have committed such crimes like the ones involving an unde...